POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : no light coming from the coutout : Re: no light coming from the coutout Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no light coming from the coutout
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 13 Sep 2001 01:19:22
Message: <3BA0416E.2344A085@videotron.ca>
Wade wrote:

> Hmm.  Why is there not any light coming from the cutout?
>
> // Left Wall
> difference{
>  box{
>   <-11,0,-12>,<-10,10,12>
     ^^^         ^^^
>   texture{
>    Wall_Texture
>   }
>  }
>  box{
>   <-8,0,-4>,<-8,8,4>
     ^^        ^^
Problem #1:  Your door is infinitely thin in the x axis.
Problem #2:  It's not touching the wall.

Change the <-8,0,-4>,<-8,8,4> to <-12,0,-4> <-9,0,4> and that should fix
it.

[1] I wrote left in the comments because I'm used to having the camera
point in the +z direction.  Your door would actually appear on the right
wall.

--
Francois Labreque | Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a snooze
    flabreque     | button on a cat who wants breakfast.